The Quick Reference Cards are designed to provide an on-the- spot point of reference for health professionals and care staff working with people with dementia to help in the management of behavioural and psychological symptoms of dementia (BPSD).
The Quick Reference Cards are provided as a guide only, to remind or prompt interventions and raise points to consider, including the next steps to take. It is recommended that the resources on which they are based be referred to for more comprehensive and detailed information.
A set of 15 colour-coded cards that address:
- 10 common BPSD and delirium
- Recommended assessments
- Recommended frameworks
Two cards featuring three checklists:
- How well am I communicating?
- Understanding the behaviour being observed.
- Getting to know the person living with dementia.
DIY: Download a template to print, laminate and assemble the cards
BPSD Quick Reference Cards
BPSD Lanyard Cards
- Asset Type Print Materials, Online Materials
- Learning Pathway Implementation
- Topic Areas Dementia (general), Responsive Behaviours, Medication Management, Person-Centred Care
- Target Audience Residential Aged Care, In Home or Community-Based Care, Hospital, Primary Care, Respite Care, University VET or Research Institute
- Target Occupations Medical Specialist, General Practitioner, Psychiatrist, Psychogeriatrician, Pharmacist, Intern or resident, Nurse Specialist, Registered Nurse, Practice Nurse, Endorsed Enrolled Nurse, Enrolled Nurse, Psychologist, Social Worker, Occupational Therapist, Executive or Senior, Middle Manager
- Target Populations Anyone with Dementia
- Knowledge Translation Doing